A new day begins!
And I am sure that it will once again be a day full of fools, marking the day after the 1st of April...
I am off to the wondrous place that has helped me realize my dream of
becoming a marine biologist...
The beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii!
I am going to go travel so I can see (and not touch!) the beautiful life that still exists under water! I will do this before human kind makes one more phenomenon, in my incredibly wonderful life, obsolete!!! I am studying what I want, and some things I don't want... so that I can further my education and work with what I love. Water makes up the majority of our planet's surface! And houses much of our biological diversity. It is also the birthplace of organic matter (what makes us). Follow your dreams and do what you love! Aloha for only a short time. School is still in full force so I can do for a living what I love to do for fun!!!
It is fact that our world is heating up and is expelling and threatening creature after creature with its discomfort. Humans are not extreme thermophiles by nature, some even enjoy comfortable pools at a cool 85-90 degrees, and hot tubs at a piping 107 degrees. Yet many cannot see the short but obvious trajectory of the world's life... Weather and life as I know it will react overtime and and our days are getting shorter. It is also fact that humans are speeding up the process. Don't we want to live longer... fuller lives? We should each try to do our part to enrich our own lives and remember:
The Earth is our responsibility, not our property.
Let's then, do our best to educate the uneducated, and slow down our own demise.
It is a true tragedy that we have to live in a world where many still believe that man is the dominant creature on this planet and feel the need to argue over tangential topics from the primary issue at hand: who is the best?
and why is this true??
why is your answer more true... than the answer of another???
Regarding "the best of" list of Earth's organisms; if size matters, humans are only as big as the edible "button mushroom" one might buy from the local grocery store. Dated ten years ago, Le Grande is actually a fungus living in North America. The Armillaria ostoyae, known also as the honey mushroom, started from a microscopic single spore and is continuously spreading its black shoestring filaments, called rhyzomorphs. This "mushroom" has spread through the forest and is estimated 2,400 years, killing trees as it grows. It now covers 2,200 acres in the Malheur National Forest, in eastern Oregon.
To check out more about this visit: http://news.independentminds.livejournal.com/6219891.html
Did you know that we are more closely related to fungi than plants are to fungi???
Oh the things microscopes and time can discover!!!
Your cutesy colors make me want to puke. (:
ReplyDelete