So, it has been what... MONTHS... since I last wrote?
It would seem to me that I need to start getting my groove on and start writing!
I love writing and so you would think that I would blog all the time.
Alas, this is not the case, but I am going to do my best to blog more often.
It would seem to me that I need to start getting my groove on and start writing!
I love writing and so you would think that I would blog all the time.
Alas, this is not the case, but I am going to do my best to blog more often.
Well, enough explanation for my faults, let me get to the point:
I am moving to Montana.
"Montana?!?!?" you might ask. "I thought you wanted to study Marine Biology.
Montana is just about as far from the ocean as you can get."
Obviously, you would be right. I am not going in the right "direction" for ocean life,
but I am going in the right mind set to educate myself in order to better understand wildlife in general.
Montana is just about as far from the ocean as you can get."
Obviously, you would be right. I am not going in the right "direction" for ocean life,
but I am going in the right mind set to educate myself in order to better understand wildlife in general.
In terms of doing research for the government, a BS Biology degree from the University of Utah
is less valuable than a BS Wildlife Biology degree from the University of Montana.
Therefore-- (a no brainer) I am going.
is less valuable than a BS Wildlife Biology degree from the University of Montana.
Therefore-- (a no brainer) I am going.
To be frank, I am tired of taking classes with little or no relative information to wildlife or conservation, with super-freaky pre-med students.
This is the last semester dealing with this before I head to
This is the last semester dealing with this before I head to
Missoula, Montana! YIPEE!!!
I am so excited and ready to embark on this new journey in my life
and to be able to actually study the material that will be interesting and helpful in my practice.
Graduation is in the near future, but I am going to have to wait a full 12 months in Montana before I can actually attend classes. I am going to be applying for Montana State residence
to help ease the pressure of out of state tuition.
Working full time the first year will postpone my graduation date, but at least
I WILL BE SAVING A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!
It will be well worth it, I just don't know if the wolves can wait that long...
Yeah, you read right...
WOLVES!!!
Did you know that hundreds of wolves are being unjustly slaughtered all over the world?
Mass murder.
What else is new with the human race? Not much, but to be honest I am tired of it.
Think of your own Fido and Scooby Doo.
Why would anyone want to kill the major decendent of their own "best friend?"
I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
An endangered specie is in our very own country and is being threatened.
For many decades, hunters in Alaska have been taking airplanes throughout the wilderness searching for wolves to kill despite laws and numerous legal battles.
Due to the vast nature of Alaska, it is hard to monitor this law and is therefore difficult to control.
Hundreds of wolves die every year due to this and many other hunting styles
despite wolves being Alaska's number one wildlife tourist attraction.
Before we know it, we may not have wolves at all. Data shows that once a major predator is removed from an ecosystem, the encompassing wildlife will eventually flourish then crash.
I have nothing against hunters. We are, by decent, hunters and gatherers and have been living with wolves and other animals for thousands of years.
However, it is only recently that we have begun to make a mockery of our wild brothers, and have begun murdering rather than respecting these precious lives.
Excuses I have heard for the onslaught of wolves (and also bears) have been mostly in defense of the
big game animal decline, more specifically the elk, moose and caribou.
These populations have fluctuated consistantly for hundreds of years, but it is only in the past several decades that hunters have begun to take notice.
More and more people want to hunt big game like elk, moose, caribou, etc.
but there is not enough influx of population to satisfy the hunters.
Wolves are supposedly killing more than their fair share of wild beasts and
therefore must be reduced themselves.
What many people fail to recognize is that wolves only take out the weak, the sick, the young or the old of the majority of heards they hunt. The success rate of the pack hunt is slim to none so
when a kill is made, the wolves feast and again go days without feeding,
but are always on the search for nurishment.
In short, the wolves are not killing the trophy game that many hunters pride themselves on.
Wolves and bears are maintaining an important equilibrium.
I could probably go on for hours talking about wolves, and I am sure you will read more later of my opnions, encounters and more as I travel to
Montana, Alaska, Wyoming and Idaho to study these glorious creatures.
The point is, they need my help and I have to do something.
Thanks for caring with me.
"The idea of wilderness needs no defense. It only needs more defenders."
–Edward Abbey
Graduation is in the near future, but I am going to have to wait a full 12 months in Montana before I can actually attend classes. I am going to be applying for Montana State residence
to help ease the pressure of out of state tuition.
Working full time the first year will postpone my graduation date, but at least
I WILL BE SAVING A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!
It will be well worth it, I just don't know if the wolves can wait that long...
Yeah, you read right...
WOLVES!!!
Did you know that hundreds of wolves are being unjustly slaughtered all over the world?
Mass murder.
What else is new with the human race? Not much, but to be honest I am tired of it.
Think of your own Fido and Scooby Doo.
Why would anyone want to kill the major decendent of their own "best friend?"
I AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
An endangered specie is in our very own country and is being threatened.
For many decades, hunters in Alaska have been taking airplanes throughout the wilderness searching for wolves to kill despite laws and numerous legal battles.
Due to the vast nature of Alaska, it is hard to monitor this law and is therefore difficult to control.
Hundreds of wolves die every year due to this and many other hunting styles
despite wolves being Alaska's number one wildlife tourist attraction.
Before we know it, we may not have wolves at all. Data shows that once a major predator is removed from an ecosystem, the encompassing wildlife will eventually flourish then crash.
I have nothing against hunters. We are, by decent, hunters and gatherers and have been living with wolves and other animals for thousands of years.
However, it is only recently that we have begun to make a mockery of our wild brothers, and have begun murdering rather than respecting these precious lives.
Excuses I have heard for the onslaught of wolves (and also bears) have been mostly in defense of the
big game animal decline, more specifically the elk, moose and caribou.
These populations have fluctuated consistantly for hundreds of years, but it is only in the past several decades that hunters have begun to take notice.
More and more people want to hunt big game like elk, moose, caribou, etc.
but there is not enough influx of population to satisfy the hunters.
Wolves are supposedly killing more than their fair share of wild beasts and
therefore must be reduced themselves.
What many people fail to recognize is that wolves only take out the weak, the sick, the young or the old of the majority of heards they hunt. The success rate of the pack hunt is slim to none so
when a kill is made, the wolves feast and again go days without feeding,
but are always on the search for nurishment.
In short, the wolves are not killing the trophy game that many hunters pride themselves on.
Wolves and bears are maintaining an important equilibrium.
I could probably go on for hours talking about wolves, and I am sure you will read more later of my opnions, encounters and more as I travel to
Montana, Alaska, Wyoming and Idaho to study these glorious creatures.
The point is, they need my help and I have to do something.
Thanks for caring with me.
"The idea of wilderness needs no defense. It only needs more defenders."
–Edward Abbey
I liked imagining that when you meant "BS" you meant "bullshit" instead of "bachelor of science"
ReplyDelete